Wednesday 14 April 2021

April 14 Devotion - Knowing God through His Names - Part 1 Day 3

 

(3) Adonai: Like Elohim, this too is a plural of majesty. The singular form means “master, owner.” Stresses man’s relationship to God as his master, authority, and provider. In the Old Testament, YHWH is more often used in God’s dealings with the Jewish people, while Adonai is used more when He deals with the Gentiles.

(4) Theos: Greek word translated “God.” Primary name for God used in the New Testament. Its use teaches:

A. He is the only true God

B. He is unique

C. He is transcendent

D. He is the Saviour. This name is used of Christ as God

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, Adonai thank You for Your inseparable, unfailing, deep and everlasting love for me. Jehovah Jireh thank You for providing Your abundant blessings in my life. Theos I put my life in Your hands Elohim. I pray that Your covenant will be fulfilled in my life El-Shaddai. You are my everlasting God El Olam. I submit to your supremacy El Elyon. Thank You for healing my body and soul Jehovah Rapha. Thank You Jehovah Maccaddeshcem for sanctifying me. Thank You Jehovah Rohi for guiding me and directing me. Thank You Jehovah Tsidkenu for Your grace of making me righteous through the redemptive work of Jesus. In the mighty name of Jehovah Elgibhor I pray. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment