Friday 16 April 2021

April 16 Devotion - Knowing God through His Names - Part 2 - Jehovah Jireh


 

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Every time we hear the word Yahweh, or every time we see LORD in the English Bible, this is a proper name built out of the word for “I am” and reminding us each time that God absolutely is.

Compounds of Yahweh (or Jehovah in English): are designations or titles which reveal additional facts about God’s character.

Jehovah Jireh (Yireh): “The Lord will provide.” Stresses God’s provision for His people. The name memorialized by Abraham when God provided the ram to be sacrificed in place of his son Isaac.

And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah Jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

Genesis 22:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

وَإِذْ تَطَلَّعَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ حَوْلَهُ رَأَى خَلْفَهُ كَبْشاً قَدْ عَلِقَ بِفُرُوعِ أَشْجَارِ الْغَابَةِ، فَذَهَبَ وَأَحْضَرَهُ وَأَصْعَدَهُ مُحْرَقَةً عِوَضاً عَنِ ابْنِهِ. 14 وَدَعَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ اسْمَ ذَلِكَ الْمَكَانِ «يَهْوَهْ يِرْأَه» (وَمَعْنَاهُ: الرَّبُّ يُدَبِّرُ). وَلِذَلِكَ يُقَالُ حَتَّى الْيَوْمِ «فِي جَبَلِ الرَّبِّ، الإِلَهِ يُرَى».

 

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

وَإِنَّ إِلَهِي سَيَسُدُّ حَاجَاتِكُمْ كُلَّهَا إِلَى التَّمَامِ، وَفْقاً لِغِنَاهُ فِي الْمَجْدِ، فِي الْمَسِيحِ يَسُوعَ.

Philippians 4:19

 

For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

إِنَّهُ يُوْصِي مَلاَئِكَتَهُ بِكَ لِكَيْ يَحْفَظُوكَ فِي جَمِيعِ طُرُقِكَ.

Psalm 91:11

 

As God provided for Abraham and as we are promised that God shall supply all our needs, physical, emotional and spiritual, I and you should live a worry-free life in complete dependence on God and in total awareness that He is our provider, to the point that God has appointed angels to keep us in all our ways. We may be tried as Abraham was but not necessarily to that deep of a trial; however we have total confidence that we shall evolve victorious because God is our provider.

 

Watch and listen to this song: https://youtu.be/y9h-LPV3h2Y

 

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Jehovah Jireh, I thank You for providing for me all my life and I know I can depend on You to continue providing because You are Jehovah Jireh my provider. In the name of The King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Jesus my Lord and Saviour, I pray. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty, and the blessings before all time and now and forevermore.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment