Thursday 15 April 2021

April 15 Devotion - Knowing God through His Names - Part 1 Day 4


 

(5) Kurios: Greek word translated “Lord.” Stresses authority and supremacy. It is used mostly as the equivalent of Yahweh of the Old Testament. It too is used of Jesus Christ meaning God or Deity

(6) Despotes: Greek word translated “Master.” Carries the idea of ownership.

(7) Father: A distinctive New Testament revelation is that through faith in Christ, God becomes our personal Father. Father is used of God in the Old Testament only 15 times while it is used of God 245 times in the New Testament. As a name of God, it stresses God’s loving care, provision, discipline, and the way we are to address God in prayer

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I put my life in Your hands Elohim. I pray that Your covenant will be fulfilled in my life El-Shaddai. You are my everlasting God El Olam. I submit to your supremacy El Elyon. I thank You for providing for me all my life and I know I can depend on You to continue providing for You are Jehovah Jireh. My LORD Jehovah Elgibhor, fight all my battles for me and give me peace Jehovah Shalom. Heal my body and my spirit my Jehovah Rapha. Adonai, thank You for Your inseparable, unfailing, deep, and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings in my life. In the name of Theos, The King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Jesus my Lord and Saviour, I pray. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty, and the blessings forever and ever and unto ages of all ages.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment