Wednesday 7 August 2013

August 7 Devotion - Feelings versus Truth - Feeling insignificant


In the last two days we examined the negative feelings of being unworthy and unloved, and we studied God’s answers and truth about those feelings. Today we will examine the feeling of being insignificant.

 

My objective is that we can all get rid of these negative feelings by knowing God’s truth. I am first on that list.

Sometimes our negative feelings may be caused by:

·     Our upbringing,

·     What is happening in our lives,

·     How we are being treated,

·     How we see ourselves.


Did you ever feel insignificant? Well if you did, you are not alone. So how does God address this feeling? By pointing out the truth and ‘the truth will set us free’.

The best way to combat this emotion is to return to The Word of God and see what He says about us or to us.

 

·     Whenever we feel insignificant, let us remember that we are very significant because we can be used by God to accomplish His glory:

 

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

وكل ما عملتم بقول او فعل فاعملوا الكل باسم الرب يسوع شاكرين الله والآب به

Colossians 3:17

 

God was involved in our creation while we were still in our mothers’ wombs (and even before the creation of the world), so how can we be insignificant? King David said in Psalm 139 that not only are we not insignificant but we are wonderfully made:

 

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Psalm 139:13-14

لانك انت اقتنيت كليتيّ. نسجتني في بطن امي.

احمدك من اجل اني قد امتزت عجبا

 
Let us remember that Jesus prayed for us and asked God to sanctify us by His truth. Truth about us is what is important, not our feelings.

 
Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

قدسهم في حقك. كلامك هو حق

John 17:17

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Father, whenever I feel insignificant, remind me of Your love for me and that I am so important that I can contribute to Your glory. Sanctify me by Your truth Father and ‘cut’ this feeling of being insignificant and ‘paste’ the knowledge that I am wonderfully made in Your image. Through the truth that Jesus loves me so much that he considers me His friend and He died in my place I will never ever feel insignificant again. I believe that if I was the only one on earth Jesus would have died for me. I must be extremely significant. In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.
Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment