Friday 31 May 2019

May 31 Devotion - God's Grace


Grace is God’s kindness and graciousness toward humanity regardless of our worthiness and the fact that no one deserves it.

Accept God’s grace as evidence of His love for you because that is exactly what it is:
Unconditional, undeserved love. All God wants is your love in return. Works and obedience naturally follow as sweet by-products.

  As believers we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. Through Jesus’ precious blood we have been: Redeemed, Forgiven, Justified, Reconciled, Sanctified and given Access to God.
* Redeemed 
To redeem means to buy back (1 Peter 1:18-19), (Ephesians 1:7))
     As believers we have been redeemed and forgiven. Our salvation has been purchased through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God who died for our sins and took upon Himself our guilt and penalty for those sins.


*
Forgiven
Salvation is not something we earn through good deeds, but because Christ went to the cross and shed His blood for me and for you (Eph. 2:8-9)


*
Justified

God is holy and must punish sin. Because Christ shed His blood in our place, the Father not only forgives our sin but also declares us righteous. God has justified us, or declared us not guilty, because by the gift of faith we have accepted Christ as Saviour. He also has declared us righteous in His sight, applying the righteousness of Christ to our accounts (Romans 5:9, 17).


*
Reconciled

We got back to being on good terms with God through the precious blood of Christ. Jesus’ blood makes it possible for God to bring us back into a right relationship with Him. The Bible says we were enemies of God until we accepted Christ. Christ’s blood is the bridge, the peace offering, that reconciles us to God (Colossians 1:19–22).


*
Sanctified

  Process of being set apart for God’s purposes and being made holy. Sanctification is God’s cleansing and setting us apart unto Himself for His purposes and His will. He sanctified us when we were saved, and He continues to sanctify us to make us clean vessels properly prepared for His good works. (Hebrews 12:14)


Access
We also gained an inheritance which includes the unconditional love of
God and the riches of eternal life. We would not have access to God’s throne of grace without the shedding of Christ’s blood. The reason we can cry out and be heard by God is Christ’s sacrificial death. Praise the Lord for the glory of the blood (Hebrews 10:19).


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for the grace You extended to me, even though I do not deserve it. Thank You that I stand in Your grace. Thank You that Jesus has taken onto Him all my sins and I can through Him have a fellowship and peace with You God. I praise You Father, I rejoice in Your glory and I love You. I pray to You to help me be obedient to You and to strengthen me to produce good works through Your Holy Spirit for the advancement of Your kingdom. Father, I thank You that I am saved because Christ shed His blood in my place, and as I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, You have redeemed me, forgiven me, justified me, reconciled me and on top of all that sanctified me and allowed me to have access to You.
Through Your mercy Lord; You did not give me what I deserve, and through Your grace; You gave me what I do not deserve.
Thank You Father for Your unconditional love, my inheritance in the assurance of spending eternity with You. In the name of Your precious Son Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

1 Peter 1:18-19 (New King James Version)
18 knowing that you were not
redeemed with corruptible things, like
silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from
your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb
without blemish and without spot.

عالمين انكم افتديتم لا باشياء تفنى بفضة او ذهب من سيرتكم الباطلة التي تقلدتموها من الآباء

19 بل بدم كريم كما من حمل بلا عيب ولا دنس دم المسيح

Ephesians 1:7 (New King James Version)

7 In Him we have
redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins,
according to the riches of His grace
فَفِي المَسِيحِ تَمَّ فِداؤُنا، وَبِدَمِهِ غُفِرَتْ خَطايانا بِفَضلِ نِعمَتِهِ الغَنِيَّةِ

Ephesians 2:8-9 (New King James Version)

8 For by grace you have been
saved through faith, and that not of
yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should
boast.
فَبِالنِّعمَةِ أنتُمْ مُخَلَّصُونَ، لِأنَّكُمْ آمَنتُمْ، وَهَذا كُلُّهُ لا يَعتَمِدُ عَلَيكُمْ، بَلْ هُوَ عَطيَّةٌ مِنَ اللهِ. 9 لَيسَ مُقابِلَ الأعمالِ لِئَلّا يَكُونَ هُناكَ مَجالٌ لِلافتِخارِ.

Romans 5:9 (New King James Version)

9 Much more then, having now been
justified by His blood, we shall be
saved from wrath through Him.

Colossians 1:19-20 (New King James Version)

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,
20 and by Him to
reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things
on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His
cross.

فَفِيهِ سُرَّ اللهُ أَنْ يَحِلَّ بِكُلِّ مِلْئِهِ، 20 وَأَنْ يُصَالِحَ بِهِ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ مَعَ نَفْسِهِ، إِذْ أَحَلَّ السَّلاَمَ بِدَمِهِ عَلَى الصَّلِيبِ، فَبِهِ يُصَالَحُ كُلُّ شَيْءٍ، سَوَاءٌ مَا كَانَ عَلَى الأَرْضِ أَوْ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment