Wednesday 21 July 2021

July 21 Devotion - You are the salt of the earth - Part 1

 

 

“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has lost its taste (purpose), how can it be made salty? It is no longer good for anything, but to be thrown out and walked on by people

 «أَنْتُمْ مِلْحُ الأَرْضِ، وَلكِنْ إِنْ فَسَدَ الْمِلْحُ فَبِمَاذَا يُمَلَّحُ؟ لاَ يَصْلُحُ بَعْدُ لِشَيْءٍ، إِلاَّ لأَنْ يُطْرَحَ خَارِجًا وَيُدَاسَ مِنَ النَّاسِ.

Matthew 5:13 (AMP)

 At the time of Jesus salt had the following purposes:

 

  1. Salt was used to preserve food, especially meat which would quickly spoil in the absence of refrigeration
  2. Salt was used for cleansing and healing wounds
  3. Salt was used then, as now, as a flavour enhancer
  4. Salt was very valuable. Roman soldiers were paid in gold and salt
  5. Salt was a symbol of friendship
  6.  Salt was used to bind a covenant.
  7. Salt was used to line kilns as an insulator

 

Jesus is calling you and me to be SALT in the lives of others. Our faith in Christ must be lived so others can see that our faith is real. The world continues to rot and putrefy due to sin. Christian believers are Jesus’ church on earth, and we are to preserve what Jesus brought to the world and to help ‘save’ those who do not know Jesus. We are also called to be cleansing and to help people thirst for the truth.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can fulfill the responsibility of being the salt to everyone I contact in my everyday life. Give me wisdom O’Lord to say words and do deeds that help in cleansing the wounds of others. Help me enhance the flavour of their life by telling them about the saving grace of Jesus and to thirst for Your word. I declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Jesus be the glory, the authority, the power, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment