Friday 23 July 2021

July 23 Devotion - Getting Pruned

 

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that continues to bear fruit, He [repeatedly] prunes, so that it will bear more fruit [even richer and finer fruit].

كُلُّ غُصْنٍ فِيَّ لاَ يَأْتِي بِثَمَرٍ يَنْزِعُهُ، وَكُلُّ مَا يَأْتِي بِثَمَرٍ يُنَقِّيهِ لِيَأْتِيَ بِثَمَرٍ أَكْثَرَ

John 15:2 AMP

 

We tend to resist the process of being pruned because it is usually painful. In agricultural terms the result of pruning a fruit tree is a more plentiful crop. Pruning out our habits that are not pleasing to God is a process that God applies to believers because His grace and love for us causes Him to sanctify us. We need to trust God that His pruning process will cause us to bear more fruit for His Kingdom.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You that You continue to prune me and cleanse me and set me apart unto Yourself for Your purpose and Your will. Abba, thank You that You sanctified me when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I realize that sanctification is an ongoing process while I am on earth, please continue to sanctify me to make me a clean vessel properly prepared for Your good works and the advancement of Your Kingdom. Abba Father, thank You that You love me and that Your love is unfailing, steadfast, deep, and everlasting. Help me Lord to respond in faith and obedience to Your pruning and guidance in my life so that I may bear more fruit. In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment