Monday 26 July 2021

July 26 Devotion - While we were still sinners, Christ died for us

 

When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, "Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?" 17And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

 فَلَمَّا رَأَى الْكَتَبَةُ وَالْفَرِّيسِيُّونَ يَسُوعَ يَأْكُلُ مَعَ الْجُبَاةِ وَالْخَاطِئِينَ، قَالُوا لِتَلاَمِيذِهِ: «لِمَاذَا يَأْكُلُ مَعَ الْجُبَاةِ وَالْخَاطِئِينَ؟»

فَسَمِعَ يَسُوعُ، وَأَجَابَ:

«لَيْسَ الأَصِحَّاءُ هُمُ الْمُحْتَاجُونَ إِلَى الطَّبِيبِ، بَلِ الْمَرْضَى. مَا جِئْتُ لأَدْعُوَ أَبْرَاراً بَلْ خَاطِئِينَ! »

Mark 2:16-17

 

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

 وَلَكِنَّ اللهَ أَثْبَتَ لَنَا مَحَبَّتَهُ، إِذْ وَنَحْنُ مَازِلْنَا خَاطِئِينَ مَاتَ الْمَسِيحُ عِوَضاً عَنَّا.

 Romans 5:8

With God, through Christ, there is mercy to pardon the greatest sins, and grace to change the greatest sinners, and make them holy. Jesus came to help us sinners, and while we were still sinners, He died for us.

Living the Christian life is impossible on our own. Trying to live the Christian life by our own efforts is like a ship on dry land…just doesn’t work very well. For the ship to get anywhere, it needs to be resting on the water. And to enjoy the Christian life, we need to learn how to rest in God. Paul knew this:

 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

إِنِّي أَسْتَطِيعُ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ، فِي الْمَسِيحِ الَّذِي يُقَوِّينِي.

Philippians 4:13

 Some people believe they must be good first before coming to Christ and they must be ready not to sin once they come to Christ. Jesus is telling us He came for us sinners and while we were still sinners, He died for us. We can only live the Christian life through Jesus strengthening us. We have been given someone to enable us to live the Christian life – the Holy Spirit. He is the Spirit of Christ – come to live in the body of every believer who has accepted Jesus as his/her Saviour and Lord over their life. Do not wait to be perfect to invite Jesus into your heart, it is through Jesus that you can be perfected.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, through Your Word and the guidance of The Holy Spirit help me to learn from Jesus and to take the Yoke Jesus offers. Jesus, come to me like You came to Your disciples walking on the water through the storm and redeem and strengthen me spiritually, emotionally, and physically and give me rest. Lord, I choose to see Your loving arms wrapped around me lifting me up to safety, provision, and peace. I thank You that You are a reliable and trustworthy God and You promised that You will never leave me nor forsake me, and I know that You are faithful. I choose today to concentrate on You, to hold fast my confession that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. Jesus, I trust and pray in Your Holy name. To Jesus be the power, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever . Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment