Tuesday 27 July 2021

July 27 Devotion - Reap what you Sow

 

For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap.  For he who sows to his own flesh (lower nature, sensuality) will from the flesh reap decay and ruin and destruction, but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

لأَنَّ مَنْ يَزْرَعُ لِجَسَدِهِ فَمِنَ الْجَسَدِ يَحْصُدُ فَسَادًا، وَمَنْ يَزْرَعُ لِلرُّوحِ فَمِنَ الرُّوحِ يَحْصُدُ حَيَاةً أَبَدِيَّةً.

Galatians 6:8 Amplified Bible (AMP)

 

In the same way as a farmer expects a crop from the seeds he/she sows, today, we should be planting good seeds for the harvest in our future.

We therefore have to constantly evaluate our actions to make sure we are depositing good spiritual seeds and deeds so that we can reap a good harvest in the future.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, please uproot any negative seeds that I have sown in the past and search my heart and mind and guide me to sow only good seeds that are pleasing to You. Lord help me to plant Your Word in the soil of my heart and to sow to the Spirit so that from the Spirit I reap eternal life. Father God, I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your holy name. To Him who is able to keep me from stumbling and to present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy, to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment