Tuesday 3 October 2023

October 3 Devotion - The Compass versus the Clock

 


The unfolding of Your [glorious] words give light; their unfolding gives understanding to the simple (childlike). 131 I opened my mouth and panted [with anticipation], because I longed for Your commandments.

Psalm 119:130 - 131

Amplified Bible (AMP)

 

فَتْحُ كَلاَمِكَ يُنِيرُ، يُعَقِّلُ الْجُهَّالَ. 131فَغَرْتُ فَمِي وَلَهَثْتُ، لأَنِّي إِلَى وَصَايَاكَ اشْتَقْتُ.

 

Do you prioritize your schedule, or do you schedule your priorities?

 

When you look at your schedule and put priorities to what is outlined for you, you are using time management and you are using the clock. When you identify what is important in your life or work and make sure you are scheduling your priorities, you are using the compass and are making sure your mission in life is coming to fruition.

Sometimes we feel overwhelmed by the obligations of everyday life and we are so busy doing so many good things that there isn't time for the most important thing, having a personal relationship with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ through reading God’s word, meditating on it and praying.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep, everlasting, and inseparable love. Lord, I need Your wisdom to help me schedule Your priorities and the most important of which is my personal relationship with You. Lord, please help me to surrender to You and to give You my attention, time, mind, will and emotions. Lead me Lord in all my decisions and actions. Let the unfolding of Your words give me light, discernment and comprehension. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can continue to declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour and Jesus may continue to dwell in my heart through faith. God, I praise You, glorify You, and lift You up on high. In the name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the holy name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray. To Jesus be the majesty, the power, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein


No comments:

Post a Comment