Friday 6 October 2023

October 6 Devotion - Charge your spirit

 


Remain in Me, and I [will remain] in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself without remaining in the vine, neither can you [bear fruit, producing evidence of your faith] unless you remain in Me. 5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him bears much fruit, for [otherwise] apart from Me [that is, cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.


4اُثْبُتُوا فِيَّ وَأَنَا فِيكُمْ. كَمَا أَنَّ الْغُصْنَ لاَ يَقْدِرُ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ بِثَمَرٍ مِنْ ذَاتِهِ إِنْ لَمْ يَثْبُتْ فِي الْكَرْمَةِ، كَذلِكَ أَنْتُمْ أَيْضًا إِنْ لَمْ تَثْبُتُوا فِيَّ. 5أَنَا الْكَرْمَةُ وَأَنْتُمُ الأَغْصَانُ. الَّذِي يَثْبُتُ فِيَّ وَأَنَا فِيهِ هذَا يَأْتِي بِثَمَرٍ كَثِيرٍ، لأَنَّكُمْ بِدُونِي لاَ تَقْدِرُونَ أَنْ تَفْعَلُوا شَيْئًا.


John 15:4-5

 

We all have cell (mobile) phones that need to be recharged daily. We make sure we charge our phones because if we don’t, they will turn off due to a ‘dead’ battery. What about our spirits? They need to be charged too. The electricity that charges our spirits is the Word of God, and spending time with God praying, meditating, and listening to the direction of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that He is the vine, we are the branches. We need to be nourished through the sap that runs from the vine to the branch so that we can continue to be charged. Just as we make sure that our phones are charged, we need to make sure we charge our spirits.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, please help me to develop the habit of spending time with You daily so that I may be nurtured and sanctified. Lord Jesus strengthen me to remain in You so that You remain in me. Jesus, I need to bear fruit and I know that I cannot bear fruit by myself without remaining in You Jesus because You are the vine, and I am the branch and without You I can do nothing. Father God, thank You for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. In the mighty name of Your only begotten Son Jesus; my Lord and Saviour; I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

 Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein 


No comments:

Post a Comment