Monday 9 October 2023

October 9 Devotion - Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day

 


Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, and for His wonderful acts to the children of men! For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified [set apart, dedicated to God] by means of the word of God and prayer. Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

 

8فَلْيَحْمَدُوا الرَّبَّ عَلَى رَحْمَتِهِ وَعَجَائِبِهِ لِبَنِي آدَمَ. 4لأَنَّ كُلَّ خَلِيقَةِ اللهِ جَيِّدَةٌ، وَلاَ يُرْفَضُ شَيْءٌ إِذَا أُخِذَ مَعَ الشُّكْرِ، 5لأَنَّهُ يُقَدَّسُ بِكَلِمَةِ اللهِ وَالصَّلاَةِ.

شَاكِرِينَ كُلَّ حِينٍ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ فِي اسْمِ رَبِّنَا يَسُوعَ الْمَسِيحِ، ِللهِ وَالآبِ.

Psalm 107:8 (AMP), 1Timothy 4:4-5 (AMP), Ephesians 5:20

 

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving Day. Best wishes to all my Canadian friends and family and to the whole country.

Some of us today are experiencing bright circumstances, and some of us are facing bleak circumstance. Let us remember that everything that God has created is good and is to be received with gratitude giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Giving thanks in all things (no exceptions) is only possible when we understand that every situation is used by our loving Father to further our dependence on Him and make us more like His Son Jesus. God is determined to conform us to the image of Christ through the inevitable afflictions that accompany life. Having, cultivating, and maintaining a grateful heart that continues to pulsate with thanksgiving, even in trials, presents a big challenge to me and maybe to you too. Thanking God in the trials is difficult, however I believe that when we do, His purposes and presence will illuminate our path and carry us through any trial.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord, please help me to always see Your hand in my life and to be grateful for Your wisdom. Lord, give me a grateful heart that continues to pulsate with thanksgiving, even in trials. Lord, I ask that through my gratitude during trials that Your purpose and presence will illuminate my path and carry me through. Thank You God that You are determined to conform me to the image of Christ through any tribulations in my life. Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence. Psalm 140:13 I give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever: Psalm 136:3In Jesus’ mighty name I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the majesty, the power, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.                                                                   

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein


No comments:

Post a Comment