Thursday 12 April 2012

April 12 Devotion - Jesus Institutes the Lord’s Supper


When the hour had come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him. 15 Then He said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; 16 for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”
17 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves; 18 for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”
19 And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.
                                                                   Luke 22: 14-20

ولما كانت الساعة اتكأ والاثني عشر رسولا معه .
15 وقال لهم شهوة اشتهيت ان آكل هذا الفصح معكم قبل ان اتألم .
16 لاني اقول لكم اني لا آكل منه بعد حتى يكمل في ملكوت الله .
17 ثم تناول كاسا وشكر وقال خذوا هذه واقتسموها بينكم .
18 لاني اقول لكم اني لا اشرب من نتاج الكرمة حتى يأتي ملكوت الله .
19 واخذ خبزا وشكر وكسر واعطاهم قائلا هذا هو جسدي الذي يبذل عنكم .اصنعوا هذا لذكري .
20 وكذلك الكاس ايضا بعد العشاء قائلا هذه الكاس هي العهد الجديد بدمي الذي يسفك عنكم


I invite you to repeat the following prayer:

 Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Thank You for Your grace which allows us to be forgiven through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf. Thank You Jesus for suffering on behalf of all those who believe in You and are born again of The Spirit. On behalf all of us who have accepted You as our Lord and Saviour. Thank You Jesus for Your body which is given for us and for the new covenant of grace through Your blood which was shed for us. I praise You and glorify You Jesus, my redeemer. Amen. 

 Jesus Loves you

 In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment