Monday 9 April 2012

April 9 Devotion - "Abba, Father"


For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.
إِذْ إِنَّكُمْ لَمْ تَنَالُوا رُوحَ عُبُودِيَّةٍ يُعِيدُكُمْ إِلَى الْخَوْفِ، بَلْ نِلْتُمْ رُوحَ بُنُوَّةٍ بِهِ نَصْرُخُ: «أَبَا! أَبَانَا!»
وَانْتَشَلَنِي مِنْ هُوَّةِ الْهَلاَكِ، مِنْ طِينِ الْمُسْتَنْقَعِ. وَأَوْقَفَ قَدَمَيَّ عَلَى أَرْضٍ صَخْرِيَّةٍ، فَصِرْتُ أَمْشِي بِخُطُوَاتٍ ثَابِتَةٍ.

Romans 8:15, Psalm 40:2



When a family adopts a child, a very strong relationship is forged as the will and intention of the adoptive family is to love another person and make the adoptee a member of their family, without any ulterior motives. It is in this sense that God adopts us when we become ‘born again’ by accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour. The desire of our ‘Abba’ is to demonstrate His love for the world by enlarging His family. Abba’ is in Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Thank You that You have spiritually adopted me as Your child through Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour. Help me to gain my greatest sense of control by knowing that Your hand of providence guides my life. Give me Lord, this unwavering confidence that there is never a time, a trial, or a temptation when I am outside Your presence.

The Prophet Isaiah wrote, “In quietness and trust is your strength”. Grant me this quietness and trust Lord. God please set my feet upon a rock, establish my steps and grant me victory over the most unreasonable situation. Be my strength Father in all that I am facing and grant me true victory. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 Jesus Loves you

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment