Wednesday 4 April 2012

April 4 Devotion - God, take control of my life


There are 4 ways my life can be controlled:


1. I can be controlled by the particular situation I am facing. In this case I cannot have peace because at any second that situation can change and be out of control. Life’s circumstances can change in a heartbeat.



2. I can be controlled by another person who controls the circumstance in which I am involved. I may have peace for a while, but eventually that person may disappoint me and let me down in some way, and I can lose my peace.



3. I am in control, and it may appear that I have the power to guarantee myself a peaceful existence, but eventually I may make a mistake or something/someone will enter the picture to rearrange my circumstances, and before I know it, I will find that my ability to create and control my own serenity was an illusion.



4. God is in control of my life. With Him steering the ship, there’s every reason to hope, every reason to feel confident, and every reason to move forward boldly in my life, expecting the best out of every experience. Because God is in control of my life, and I have a strong, unshakable conviction on this matter, then and only then will I have the necessary foundation to experience what the Scriptures call “the peace that transcends all understanding.”
 

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
سَلاماً أَتْرُكُ لَكُمْ. سَلاَمِي أُعْطِيكُمْ. لَيْسَ كَمَا يُعْطِي الْعَالَمُ أُعْطِيكُمْ أَنَا. فَلاَ تَضْطَرِبْ قُلُوبُكُمْ، وَلاَ تَرْتَعِبْ.

John 14:27 

..and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
وسلام الله الذي يفوق كل عقل يحفظ قلوبكم وافكاركم في المسيح يسوع

Philippians 4:7 

Please repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Thank you LORD that I have absolutely no doubt that You are in control of every second of my future and that through this assurance I can have an inner sense of peace that transcends all our human understanding. Thank You Father that You delight in showing me again and again that You are the source of my strength, my provision, my protection, and my ultimate success in life. In the name of Your precious Son Jesus, I pray. I thank You Jesus that You promised that You will never leave me or forsake me. Amen.

 Jesus Loves you

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment