Tuesday 24 April 2012

April 24 Devotion - Hope and Wait


It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
جيد ان ينتظر الانسان ويتوقع بسكوت خلاص الرب.

Lamentations 3:26 

I find myself resorting to fast prayers and expecting a fast ‘Yes’ response from God. I understand when God answers ‘No’. The third alternative answer from God could be ‘Wait’.

 God’s answer ‘Wait’ is sometimes intentional because we are still not spiritually mature enough for a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answer, and He wants to increase our spiritual maturity.

 Sometimes going through tribulation teaches us patience; patience can help us acquire experience which can lead to the increase of hope. Hope then increases our expectation, which in turn increases our confidence in the Lord.

 I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Thank You for Your wisdom because sometimes You make me wait. Thank You for always doing what is best for me. I understand that the salvation of The Lord cannot be hurried, and I ask You to always give me the patience and wisdom to persistently pray asking with abundant hope: “Your will be done”. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Jesus Loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment