Friday 6 April 2012

April 6 Devotion - Jesus Prays for All believers - Part 2


“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

وَلَسْتُ أُصَلِّي مِنْ أَجْلِ هؤُلاَءِ فَقَطْ، بَلْ أَيْضاً مِنْ أَجْلِ الَّذِينَ سَوْفَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِي بِسَبَبِ كَلِمَةِ هؤُلاَءِ،
 21 لِيَكُونَ الْجَمِيعُ وَاحِداً؛ أَيُّهَا الآبُ، كَمَا أَنَّكَ أَنْتَ فِيَّ وَأَنَا فِيكَ، لِيَكُونُوا هُمْ أَيْضاً وَاحِداً فِينَا، لِكَيْ يُؤْمِنَ الْعَالَمُ أَنَّكَ أَنْتَ أَرْسَلْتَنِي.
 22 إِنِّي أَعْطَيْتُهُمُ الْمَجْدَ الَّذِي أَعْطَيْتَنِي، لِيَكُونُوا وَاحِداً كَمَا نَحْنُ وَاحِدٌ.
 23 أَنَا فِيهِمْ، وَأَنْتَ فِيَّ، لِيَكْتَمِلُوا فَيَصِيرُوا وَاحِداً، حَتَّى يَعْرِفَ الْعَالَمُ أَنَّكَ أَرْسَلْتَنِي وَأَنَّكَ أَحْبَبْتَهُمْ كَمَا أَحْبَبْتَنِي.


John 17:20-23



Jesus asked for unity amongst believers. He desires that we have a deep connection with Him and The Father and other believers. He gave us a new commandment:

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.”
وَصِيَّةً جَدِيدَةً أَنَا أُعْطِيكُمْ: أَحِبُّوا بَعْضُكُمْ بَعْضاً، كَمَا أَحْبَبْتُكُمْ أَنَا، تُحِبُّونَ بَعْضُكُمْ.

John 13:34

Both unity and love have the same purpose “that the world may know”. Jesus commands us to be united in Him. As believers in Jesus Christ, as Lord and Saviour, we need to be united with each other in every family, in every Church and across all denominations, churches and counties, and lift up ‘The Church’ as one church, because Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her Ephesians 5:25.

The unity that Christ offers brings peace within and between believers. In the world system we may have tribulations and persecution but we have Jesus’ assurance:

“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
أَخْبَرْتُكُمْ بِهَذَا كُلِّهِ لِيَكُونَ لَكُمْ فِيَّ سَلاَمٌ. فَإِنَّكُمْ فِي الْعَالَمِ سَتُقَاسُونَ الضِّيقَ. وَلكِنْ تَشَجَّعُوا، فَأَنَا قَدِ انْتَصَرْتُ عَلَى الْعَالَمِ!»

John 16:33

I invite you to repeat the following prayer:

Abba Father, thank  You for Your abundant blessings.

Thank You Jesus for praying for me, to our Father.

Thank You Jesus for granting me eternal life through the Cross.

Thank You Jesus that you are in me and I in You.

Thank You Father for Your love.

Thank You Jesus for revealing God to me, because I have these wonderful resources, I can persevere in my faith.

Abba Father, please set me apart for your service so that I may fulfill Your mission for me on this earth.

Help me Jesus to carry out Your commandment to love others and be united with all my Christian brothers and sisters.

Help me God to demonstrate unity with fellow believers through love, obedience and commitment to Your will.

Thank you Jesus for the peace You give me and the assurance that You have conquered the world.


Jesus Loves you

 In Him,

Wagdi Henein



.

No comments:

Post a Comment