Monday 28 January 2013

January 27 Devotion - Your DNA in God - I am a personal witness of Christ


I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor. 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ (Acts 1:8)

 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Acts 1:8

لكنكم ستنالون قوة متى حل الروح القدس عليكم وتكونون لي شهودا في اورشليم وفي كل اليهودية والسامرة والى اقصى الارض
When we accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour, we were indwelt with The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit equips us and enables us to handle matters that are too difficult for us. The Holy Spirit will release His power through us to meet every situation, problem, or emergency. The condition is that we have a part to do, it is simple but we need to do it to release His power. We have to ask, we have to call on His name. A too simple of an analogy is that if we do not turn the electrical switch on when we go into a room, it will remain dark. The power is there but dormant until we turn on the switch. The Holy Spirit indwells us but we have to turn His power on by asking, praying and calling on His name.

Jesus commissions us to link to the earth’s unreached people, to let them know how to attain salvation through Jesus Christ, to learn about The Trinity and to be empowered through The Holy Spirit.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Thank You Lord that my DNA reveals that Jesus bought me with His precious blood and through Jesus’ redemptive work at The Cross I am granted access to You God, my Heavenly Father and I will spend eternity with You. Thank You Lord that I am indwelt with The Holy Spirit. Help me Lord to always call on the name of The Holy Spirit to guide me and to help me to meet every situation, problem, or emergency.  Lord, I pray that out of Your  glorious riches that You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can link to the earth’s unreached people, to let them know how to attain salvation through Jesus Christ, to learn about The Trinity and to be empowered through The Holy Spirit. I pray in the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ the living Son of God to whom be honour, power, dominion and glory forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment