Monday 13 April 2015

April 13 Devotion - One God and One Mediator



6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
 فَقالَ لَهُ يَسُوعُ: «أنا هُوَ الطَّرِيِقُ وَالحَقُّ وَالحَياةُ. لا أحَدَ يَأْتِي إلَى الآبِ إلّا بِي.
John 14:6New King James Version (NKJV)

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men. 
  5 فَإِنَّ اللهَ وَاحِدٌ، وَالْوَسِيطُ بَيْنَ اللهِ وَالنَّاسِ وَاحِدٌ، وَهُوَ الإِنْسَانُ الْمَسِيحُ يَسُوعُ،
 6 الَّذِي بَذَلَ نَفْسَهُ فِدْيَةً عِوَضاً عَنِ الْجَمِيعِ.
1 Timothy 2:5-6

The word mediator, means a middle person, a peace-maker, one whose responsibility is to reconcile two parties at enmity. God was offended with the sins of humanity. To restore them to His peace, Jesus Christ was incarnated; and being God and man, both God and men met in and were reconciled by Him. But this reconciliation required a sacrifice on the part of the peace-maker or mediator.

16 Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God’s unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it].
فَلْنَتَقَدَّمْ بِثِقَةٍ إِلَى عَرْشِ النِّعْمَةِ، لِنَنَالَ الرَّحْمَةَ وَنَجِدَ نِعْمَةً تُعِينُنَا عِنْدَ الْحَاجَةِ.
Hebrews 4:16Amplified Bible (AMP)


We pray to and ask of Jesus directly. There are no other mediators to God and no mediators to Jesus.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and inseparable love. Thank You Lord that Jesus redeemed me and granted me forgiveness of my sins, by His death on my behalf, according to the riches of Your grace. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can continue to declare Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour and my sole mediator to You Father. Thank You Jesus that You allow me to come directly to You and that there are no mediators required between me and You Jesus. I pray that The Holy Spirit will dwell in my heart through faith. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment