Wednesday 29 April 2015

April 29 Devotion - God's Shining Light



In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul. When His lamp shone above and upon my head and by His light I walked through darkness; He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name.
يَوْمَ دَعَوْتُكَ اسْتَجَبْتَ لِي، وَشَجَّعْتَنِي إِذْ زِدْتَنِي قُوَّةً فِي دَاخِلِي. حِينَ كَانَ مِصْبَاحُهُ يُضِيءُ فَوْقَ رَأْسِي، فَأَسْلُكُ عَبْرَ الظُّلْمَةِ فِي نُورِهِ. فَإِنَّ الْقَدِيرَ قَدْ فَعَلَ بِي أُمُوراً عَظِيمَةً، قُدُّوسٌ اسْمُهُ.

Psalm 138:3
Job 29:3
Luke 1:49

God will satisfy the desires of the poor in spirit who long for spiritual blessings, while the self-sufficient shall be sent away empty-handed. When we walk in the light of God's countenance, every outward comfort is increased, every trouble is diminished, and we pass cheerfully by this light through life. When we rely on His loving-kindness and truth through Jesus Christ, we will always find Him faithful to His word.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and deep inseparable love. Thank You Lord, for Your promise to guide me through the most difficult circumstances and to comfort me. God as I look back on my life, I see how You protected me through the darkest hours and helped me walk in the light of Your countenance. LORD, I praise You, thank You, and glorify You and claim Your promises to continue to do great things for me and give me wisdom, strength and peace. In Jesus’ Holy name I pray. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment