Tuesday 28 April 2015

April 28 Devotion - Lasting Happiness



“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
«طُوبَى لِلْمَسَاكِينِ بِالرُّوحِ، لأَنَّ لَهُمْ مَلَكُوتَ السَّمَاوَاتِ

Mathew 5:3

Since the original language of the Gospel of Mathew was written in Greek (although Jesus spoke Aramaic), the word used for blessed is ‘Makarios’ which means deep contentment and lasting happiness.
Real happiness is found when we realize that happiness is in the spiritual realm that is interior to ourselves. In our spiritual realm we are designed to know, experience and enjoy God.

In the same way that man designed a car to run on gasoline (or electricity if you own a hybrid); I believe God designed us to run on Himself. He is the fuel our spirits were designed to run on.

I always pondered on why being ‘poor in spirit’ is a good thing, until I learnt that it means: it is when I realize my spiritual bankruptcy and depend on God who is the real food and fuel to my spirit and He comes to live within me that I can have Makarios. When I accept His Son Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, I receive The Holy Spirit and I can have The Kingdom of God within me and be guaranteed eternity with God.

For me it is straight forward, if  anyone wants everlasting happiness, Makarios, it is only found in Jesus.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and deep inseparable love. I praise You and glorify You. Thank You for revealing to me that You are the source of my ‘makarios’. I realize that I am poor in spirit and You are the fuel and food for my spirit. Thank You for sinking the message deep in my heart that lasting happiness is not found in worldly things. Thank You that You sent Jesus to redeem me and grant me salvation and life eternal as a pure act of grace which I do not deserve. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment