Tuesday 2 June 2015

June 3 Devotion - Jesus Christ Does Not Boast



 
God is love.
1 John 4:8

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

Jesus Christ is the embodiment of love.
Jesus Christ (Love) is patient,
Jesus Christ is kind,
Jesus Christ does not boast,
Jesus Christ is not proud.
Jesus Christ does not dishonor others,
Jesus Christ is not self-seeking,
Jesus Christ is not easily angered,
Jesus Christ keeps no record of wrongs,
Jesus Christ does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth,
Jesus Christ always protects,
Jesus Christ always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres,
Jesus Christ never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
New International Version (NIV)
By grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Ephesians 2:8–9
فَإِنَّكُمْ بِالنِّعْمَةِ مُخَلَّصُونَ، بِالإِيمَانِ، وَهَذَا لَيْسَ مِنْكُمْ. إِنَّهُ هِبَةٌ مِنَ اللهِ،
 9 لاَ عَلَى أَسَاسِ الأَعْمَالِ، حَتَّى لاَ يَفْتَخِرَ أَحَدٌ.

We have been “saved” through God’s grace when we accept, through faith, Jesus’ redeeming sacrifice for us at The Cross; no amount of good works can get anyone “saved”, lest anyone should boast.
The definition of boasting according to Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology:
The concept of boasting is found frequently in both the Old and the New Testaments. The object of boasting determines its nature. If it is God or the commendable qualities of others, then boasting can be described as proper; if it is wrongly applied to oneself, then it is improper. To boast about oneself is to brag, or to speak with laudable pride.
Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
Jeremiah 9:23, Proverbs 27:1, James 4:16

هكذا قال الرب. لا يفتخرنّ الحكيم بحكمته ولا يفتخر الجبار بجبروته ولا يفتخر الغني بغناه
لا تفتخر بالغد لانك لا تعلم ماذا يلده يوم.
واما الآن فانكم تفتخرون في تعظمكم.كل افتخار مثل هذا رديء.

“God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
1 Peter 5:5-6
الله يقاوم المستكبرين واما المتواضعون فيعطيهم نعمة
فتواضعوا تحت يد الله القوية لكي يرفعكم في حينه


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant kindness, love and mercy. Lord, I praise You, I glorify You and I rejoice in Your grace. Lord, help me to only boast about what You have done in my life 2 Corinthians 10:17. I pray that out of Your glorious riches You teach me, help me and strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can eliminate all pride within me and be humble knowing that every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from You Father James 1:17. Help me God to bring all my thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ and to become Christ-like. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment