Friday 5 June 2015

June 5 Devotion - Jesus Christ is not self-seeking

God is love.
1 John 4:8

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30
Jesus Christ (Love) is patient,
Jesus Christ is kind,
Jesus Christ does not boast,
Jesus Christ is not proud.
Jesus Christ does not dishonor others,
Jesus Christ (Love) is not self-seeking,
Jesus Christ is not easily angered,
Jesus Christ keeps no record of wrongs,
Jesus Christ does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth,
Jesus Christ always protects,
Jesus Christ always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres,
Jesus Christ never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Christ is the embodiment of love.


“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.”

لان ابن الانسان ايضا لم يأت ليخدم بل ليخدم وليبذل نفسه فدية عن كثيرين
ودعا الجمع من تلاميذه وقال لهم من اراد ان يأتي ورائي فلينكر نفسه ويحمل صليبه ويتبعني .

Mark 10:45, Mark 8:34


The definition of self-seeking is:

1. Pursuing only one's own ends or interests.
2. Exhibiting concern only with promoting one's own ends or interests. Determined pursuit of one's own ends or interests.

Jesus led a simple life.

·     He chose to be born in a manger, not a castle.
·     He was clothed in swaddling clothes not silk.
·     He did not reside in palaces.
·     He even disclosed to a would-be follower saying:
“Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”
فقال له يسوع 'للثعالب اوجرة ولطيور السماء اوكار .واما ابن الانسان فليس له اين يسند راسه'
Matthew 8:20


When Jesus entered Jerusalem as The Messiah who could save all the people, He chose to come riding on a donkey!
Jesus accepted to die for us by the most degrading way, crucifixion. His simplicity and humility become even more impressive when we remember that He is The One who created the universe. By all rights, everything belongs to Him.
 I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and for Your deep, everlasting and inseparable love. Lord, I praise You, I glorify You and I rejoice in Your grace. Thank You Jesus that while You did not have a place to lay Your head, You have given me a wonderful place to live in. Jesus, help me to be humble, help me to accept rebuke and welcome advice, admit my mistakes and praise others. Strengthen me Lord to empathize with others and build them up. Jesus strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can deny myself, and take up my cross, and follow You. Help me God to bring all my thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ and to become Christ-like.In the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment