Monday 1 June 2015

June 1 Devotion - Jesus Christ is Patient



God is love.
1 John 4:8

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

Jesus Christ is the embodiment of love.
Jesus Christ (Love) is patient,
Jesus Christ is kind,
Jesus Christ does not boast,
Jesus Christ is not proud.
Jesus Christ does not dishonor others,
Jesus Christ is not self-seeking,
Jesus Christ is not easily angered,
Jesus Christ keeps no record of wrongs,
Jesus Christ does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth,
Jesus Christ always protects,
Jesus Christ always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres,
Jesus Christ never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
New International Version (NIV)

But I obtained mercy for the reason that in me, as the foremost of sinners, Jesus Christ might show forth and display all His perfect long-suffering and patience for an example to encourage those who would thereafter believe on Him for the gaining of eternal life.

لكنني لهذا رحمت ليظهر يسوع المسيح فيّ انا اولا كل اناة مثالا للعتيدين ان يؤمنوا به للحياة الابدية.

1 Timothy 1:16
Amplified Bible (AMP)

I understand the meaning of patience as described in the Bible to mean persevering towards a goal, enduring trials, and expectantly waiting for God’s will and His promises to be fulfilled in His time. Patience reveals our faith in God’s timing, omnipotence (unlimited power), and love.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and for Your deep, everlasting and inseparable love. Lord, I praise You, I glorify You and I rejoice in You. Thank You Jesus for being patient with me and allowing me to follow You in spite of my sins and shortfalls. LORD, bless me with the ability to be patient with myself, others and circumstances, and invigorate and strengthen me with all power according to the might of Your glory so as to exercise every kind of endurance and patience with joy. I rejoice because Your peace God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus; in whose Holy Name I pray. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
 Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment