Tuesday 30 June 2015

June 30 Devotion - Why should we love God?



We love Him because He first loved us.
نحن نحبه لانه هو احبنا اولا.
I John 4.19

I believe that when God gives us a commandment, it is not a matter of control; every commandment is for our own good. Jesus gave us a commandment to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength. So why should we love God? Maybe this is a useless question for some, but a central question for others.

Let us examine some of the things God did for us:

1)     While we were fallen into sin, He reconciled us unto Himself through Jesus Christ.
 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. لانه ان كنا ونحن اعداء قد صولحنا مع الله بموت ابنه فبالأولى كثيرا ونحن مصالحون نخلص بحياته.
Romans 5:10


2)          He loved us so much, that He sent His Son to save us by dying in our place and give us everlasting life through our belief in Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
لانه هكذا احب الله العالم حتى بذل ابنه الوحيد لكي لا يهلك كل من يؤمن به بل تكون له الحياة الابدية.
John 3:16

3)          Jesus described His love for us as follows:
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
ليس لاحد حب اعظم من هذا ان يضع احد نفسه لاجل احبائه .

John 15:13

4)          Because God is:

·        Our refuge. The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; Deuteronomy 33:27

·     Our  strength God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect. 2 Samuel 22:33
·     Compassionate
·     Merciful
·     Gracious
·        Will not turn His face from us if we turn unto Him for the Lord your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn His face from you if you return to Him. 2 Chronicles 30:9
·     Faithful God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:9
·        Light God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
·        Love God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

There are many other verses in the Bible demonstrating who God is and why we should love Him.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and deep, inseparable, and everlasting love. Lord, thank You for loving me; and for loving me first. Lord I want to love You back with an intense love. Lord if there is anything in my life that is keeping me from loving You and being totally committed to You Lord, then please reveal it and please give me the strength to let go of it. Lord, I want my heart to be fervent toward You. Father, please pour Your love into my heart through The Holy Spirit. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen. 

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment