Wednesday 14 September 2016

September 14 Devotion - Lift up your eyes of faith



14 The Lord said to Abram, after Lot had left him, “Now lift up your eyes and look from the place where you are standing, northward and southward and eastward and westward; 15 for all the land which you see I will give to you and to your descendants forever. 16 I will make your descendants [as numerous] as the dust of the earth, so that if a man could count the [grains of] dust of the earth, then your descendants could also be counted.
Genesis 13:14-16

God showed Abram not to despair that Lot had left him and gave him land beyond what he ever imagined and gifts of fathering a nation. As we face challenges today or any day we need to stop looking at our circumstances and seeing them as impossible circumstances to overcome, and we need to look up to God and lift our eyes of faith and look beyond our circumstances because like Abram God may be preparing victories for us beyond our imagination.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace. Help me to trust in You Lord and to raise my eyes toward you with faith and a total dependence on Your strength, wisdom and love. Let me discern that my circumstances are temporary but you are eternal. Abba Father, I know beyond any doubt that You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond what I could ever imagine. I ask in Christ's name, pleading His merit and intercession, and I depend upon that plea. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment