Friday 2 September 2016

September 2 Devotion - Godly Self-Acceptance



The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
قريب هو الرب من المنكسري القلوب ويخلص المنسحقي الروح
Psalm 34:18

I believe that one of the greatest assets we can acquire is a sense of Godly self-acceptance. Contentment, peace, and joy are the by-products of personal acceptance. When we learn to accept ourselves and view our lives the way God does, the need to strive in order to gain or achieve the praise of others disappears.
I believe we should always let our acceptance of ourselves be rooted in Christ. When we do that we will never be disappointed.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings in my life. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high and glorify Your Holy Name. I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I never yield to the temptation that I am anything less than what You have created me to be. Lord, I am struggling with loneliness and I need You to encourage my heart. Lord I admit that I have fallen into the trap of focusing on the negative side of my situation and it has lead me to feelings of self-pity and doubt. Strengthen me to trust in and apply Your promise in Jeremiah 3:33 “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know” Lord I know that You hear my  prayers and You know the cries of my heart and that You are filled with compassion concerning me. Help me to realize that the secret of my faith and contentment is not in the company of others, but in Jesus Christ and to believe like The Apostle Paul; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Lord, please use my loneliness as a tool to draw me closer to You. I am comforted in the knowledge that I am so special to You that You have inscribed my name on the palms of Your hands. In Your name Jesus, my Lord and Saviour, I pray to The Father. To Jesus be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment