Tuesday 6 September 2016

September 7 Devotion - Our Great High Priest



Inasmuch then as we have a great High Priest Who has [already] ascended and passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession [of faith in Him].
Unlike the other high priests (in The Old Testament), he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Hebrews 4:14, Hebrews 10:10, Hebrews 7:27, Hebrews 9:26


Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
فلنتقدم بثقة الى عرش النعمة لكي ننال رحمة ونجد نعمة عونا في حينه
Hebrews 4:16
Jesus is our High Priest and He intercedes for us. He told us that nobody comes to The Father except through Him. We are told to come boldly to the throne of grace. I believe The Bible is telling me the only intercessor for me to God The Father is Jesus. Nowhere in The Bible does it say that I need an intercessor between me and Jesus. I am saved through Jesus’ redemptive death for my sins and my salvation is sealed because as Jesus said ‘It is done” Jesus’ redemption is eternal once and for all.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings and for the riches of Your grace in my life. Lord, thank You that in Your divine love, wisdom, grace and mercy You have allowed me to come directly to You through our High Priest Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour and eliminated the need for anyone else to intercede for me. Thank You that You instruct me to come boldly to the Throne of Grace, and find help when I need it the most. Jesus in Your name I pray, help me to hold fast to my faith in You and surrender to You and to leave all my troubles at the foot of Your Cross for You to handle for me. To You Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

فَمَادَامَ لَنَا رَئِيسَ كَهَنَتِنَا الْعَظِيمُ الَّذِي ارْتَفَعَ مُجْتَازاً السَّمَاوَاتِ، وَهُوَ يَسُوعُ ابْنُ اللهِ، فَلْنَتَمَسَّكْ دَائِماً بِالاعْتِرَافِ بِهِ.
بِمُوجِبِ هَذِهِ الإِرَادَةِ الإِلَهِيَّةِ، صِرْنَا مُقَدَّسِينَ إِذْ قَدَّمَ يَسُوعُ الْمَسِيحُ، مَرَّةً وَاحِدَةً، جَسَدَهُ عِوَضاً عَنَّا!  
وَهُوَ لَا يَحْتَاجُ إِلَى مَا كَانَ يَحْتَاجُ إِلَيْهِ قَدِيماً كُلُّ رَئِيسِ كَهَنَةٍ: أَنْ يُقَدِّمَ الذَّبَائِحَ يَوْمِيًّا لِلتَّكْفِيرِ عَنْ خَطَايَاهُ الْخَاصَّةِ أَوَّلاً، ثُمَّ عَنْ خَطَايَا الشَّعْبِ، وَذَلِكَ لأَنَّهُ كَفَّرَ عَنْ خَطَايَاهُمْ مَرَّةً وَاحِدَةً، حِينَ قَدَّمَ نَفْسَهُ عَنْهُمْ

No comments:

Post a Comment