Tuesday 6 September 2016

September 6 Devotion - Wise Relationships



Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the LORD, saying, 'The LORD is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.' “Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town.
فقال يوناثان لداود اذهب بسلام لاننا كلينا قد حلفنا باسم الرب قائلين الرب يكون بيني وبينك وبين نسلي ونسلك الى الابد.
1 Samuel 20:42 

Our past experiences influence our ability in building trusting relationships with others. If we have been hurt before, we may be less likely to open our hearts again. While there is always the risk of rejection which is very painful, I believe that finding a relationship that is based on genuine trust, devotion and loyalty is worth the risk.

Some may base relationships on personal ambition or selfishness. When we depend on another person for our security or take advantage of someone for our own personal gain, we are not building wise, lasting relationships nor are we acting in a Christian manner.

As believers, we have a mutual interest in our faith in Jesus Christ and our relationship with Him. Only Jesus can meet all our needs at the spiritual, physical, and emotional levels.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings and for the riches of Your grace in my life. Lord, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I may be a true friend who comes alongside others without any selfish motives. Help me Lord to strengthen others as You have strengthened me, and to be able to give others wise advice that stems from You Lord. I pray that my love for my fellow believers may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that I may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1  In Your name Jesus, my Lord and Saviour, I pray to The Father. To Jesus be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment