Thursday 11 May 2017

May 11 Devotion - Living Water



Jesus had to go through Samaria. Jesus sat down by Jacob’s well in a town called Sychar as He was thirsty. His disciples had gone into the town to buy food. A Samaritan woman came to draw water and Jesus spoke to her even though at the time Jews did not associate with Samaritans. He asked her for a drink of water. She was astonished that Jesus spoke to her and Jesus responded by saying:

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”
Jesus answered,
“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

The Samaritan woman looked at the natural possibilities. How can this man give me water when he does not even have any utensil to put water in or method to draw water from the well? Unfortunately we are still doing the same today. We look at the natural even though we know Jesus. The Samaritan woman did not know who Jesus was when she asked the question. But we know who He is but still fall into the same trap.  We know that God can do miracles but many times we do not believe Him when He says He will do great things in our lives.

It is time to believe, to rejoice, and to receive God’s blessings.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord I do not want to look at the natural. I want to look at the supernatural, the realm You operate in. Help me Lord to focus on You, not on my circumstances. Increase my faith O’Lord and show me Your ways. Help me to deeply believe all Your promises with the utmost certainty. Jesus  give me Your water and make it become in me a spring of water welling up to eternal life. Jesus help to become more and more Christ like on a daily basis. I pray in the Holy Name of Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings before all time, now, and forever and ever and unto ages of all ages.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

10 فَأَجَابَهَا يَسُوعُ: «لَوْ كُنْتِ تَعْرِفِينَ عَطِيَّةَ اللهِ، وَمَنْ هُوَ الَّذِي يَقُولُ لَكِ: اسْقِينِي، لَطَلَبْتِ أَنْتِ مِنْهُ فَأَعْطَاكِ مَاءً حَيّاً
11 فَقَالَتِ الْمَرْأَةُ: «وَلكِنْ يَاسَيِّدُ، لَيْسَ مَعَكَ دَلْوٌ، وَالْبِئْرُ عَمِيقَةٌ. فَمِنْ أَيْنَ لَكَ الْمَاءُ الْحَيُّ؟
12 هَلْ أَنْتَ أَعْظَمُ مِنْ أَبِينَا يَعْقُوبَ الَّذِي أَوْرَثَنَا هَذِهِ الْبِئْرَ، وَقَدْ شَرِبَ مِنْهَا هُوَ وَبَنُوهُ وَمَوَاشِيهِ؟»
13 فَقَالَ لَهَا يَسُوعُ: «كُلُّ مَنْ يَشْرَبُ مِنْ هَذَا الْمَاءِ يَعُودُ فَيَعْطَشُ.
14 وَلكِنَّ الَّذِي يَشْرَبُ مِنَ الْمَاءِ الَّذِي أُعْطِيهِ أَنَا، لَنْ يَعْطَشَ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ أَبَداً، بَلْ إِنَّ مَا أُعْطِيهِ مِنْ مَاءٍ يُصْبِحُ فِي دَاخِلِهِ نَبْعاً يَفِيضُ فَيُعْطِي حَيَاةً أَبَدِيَّةً».

No comments:

Post a Comment