Monday 15 May 2017

May 15 Devotion - When we feel confused




Confusion is defined as: A state in which things are uncertain, unclear, foggy, there is incomplete data and we find it difficult to make a clear decision.
  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV)

".....He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths...."
فَيُعَلِّمَنَا طُرُقَهُ، وَنَسْلُكَ فِي سُبُلِهِ،
Isaiah 2:3

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
يَقُولُ الرَّبُّ: أُعَلِّمُكَ وَأُرْشِدُكَ الطَّرِيقَ الَّتِي تَسْلُكُهَا. أَنْصَحُكَ. عَيْنِي تَرْعَاكَ.

Psalm 32:8

For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
لأَنَّ الرَّبَّ يَهَبُ الْحِكْمَةَ، وَمِنْ فَمِهِ تَتَدَفَّقُ الْمَعْرِفَةُ وَالْفَهْمُ.
Proverbs 2:6


Today for Mother’s Day I attended a sermon delivered by Pastor Theresa Malila from Malawi, Africa.  She talked about how women and mothers in crisis in Malawi are turning to God to rescue them and their 911 in those villages is God. She emphasized how we should ask God first about what He wants us to do in a confusing situation versus going to Him last after we tried to resolve it ourselves or ask others for guidance.

We all face situations where we feel confused do not know what to do. I realized that in many cases I still fall into that trap and my first reaction is to think about what to do myself and to seek counsel from friends and relatives. I realized a long time ago that I needed to change that, but old habits do come back. I am constantly relearning the lesson to change my ways and first go to God and seek His guidance through The Bible, to pray and meditate on His word, to listen to the prompting of The Holy Spirit and to only seek the counsel of Godly people. I realize that I need to change my old ways faster. How about you?

To learn more about the work in Malawi and Chief Theresa Malawi view and listen: https://youtu.be/f6rDfJz6DC4


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself and meditate on it:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and inseparable love. Lord I want to change my ways and depend on You totally through Your Word, the guidance of The Holy Spirit and Your message which You may inspire true believers to tell me. God please help me whenever I am confused. Replace my confusion with Your peace and guide me and strengthen me to change my ways so as to rely on Your wisdom and walk in Your path by following Jesus; the light of the world; and to receive counsel through the comforter; The Holy Spirit; whom You sent to me in the name of Jesus.
I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time, now, and forever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment