Wednesday 3 May 2017

May 4 Devotion - Knowing God through His Names - Part 5 - Jehovah Nissi




Jehovah Nissi: “The Lord is my Banner.” Stresses that God is our rallying point and our means of victory; the one who fights for His people. This name commemorates the Israelites desert victory over the Amalekites.

And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovah Nissi: The-Lord-Is-My-Banner
Exodus 17:15

Nothing that Moses or the Israelites did in the physical realm brought about victory. God’s presence and power took them into the battle and assured victory.
What battles are you fighting today? Consider the following bizarre question: Is the battle you are in one that the Lord has chosen for you? Scripture is very clear that the Lord, in fact, chooses certain battles for us to fight. Does He lead the way as Jehovah Nissi in your current battles? We all need to let Him be our banner in all our battles and challenges.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, Adonai, thank You for Your inseparable, unfailing, deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings in my life.I thank You God for being my rallying point and my means of victory. Jehovah Nissi, I thank you that You are my banner. Forgive me God that I sometimes choose not to walk under Your banner and I put my faith in myself or other people or things instead of You. Forgive me that I put my desires above Yours. Please forgive me and help me to be under Your banner that no matter what difficulties I do face, I relinquish my control and say, LORD, this is Your situation, it’s Your battle, it’s Your victory. Help me God to trust You and obey You and allow You to work out Your purpose in my life. I pray in the name of The King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings before all time, now, and forever and ever and unto ages of all ages.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment