Monday 8 May 2017

May 9 Devotion - Knowing God through His Names - Part 8 - Jehovah Sabaoth




Jehovah Sabaoth: "The Lord of Hosts" Hosts means “hordes,” both of angels and of men. He is Lord of the host of heaven and of the inhabitants of the earth, of Jews and Gentiles, of rich and poor, master and slave. The name is expressive of the majesty, power, and authority of God and shows that He is able to accomplish what He determines to do. This profound name means the Almighty, Sovereign, Self-Existent God over all the multitudes (whether an army, the sun, moon and stars, or creation itself).
Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts) is mentioned over 270 times in The Bible, making it the most frequently used compound name of God in Scripture.

The Lord of hosts is with us.
رَبُّ الْجُنُودِ مَعَنَا
Psalm 46:7


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, Adonai, thank You for Your inseparable, unfailing, deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings in my life. God I put my life in Your hands Jehovah Sabaoath. Forgive me Father for I have been trying to fight on my own. I should be willing to let go and let God. In the name of The King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Jesus; my Lord and Saviour; I pray. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings forever and ever and unto ages of all ages.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment