Friday 5 May 2017

May 5 Devotion - Knowing God through His Names - Part 6 - Jehovah Rohi









Jehovah Rohi: “The Lord my Shepherd.” Portrays the Lord as the Shepherd who cares for His people as a shepherd cares for the sheep of his pasture. After David pondered his relationship as a shepherd to his sheep, he realized that was exactly the relationship God had with him, and so he declares:
The (Jehova Rohi) Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
الرَّبُّ رَاعِيَّ فَلَسْتُ أَحْتَاجُ إِلَى شَيْءٍ.
Psalms 23:1
It is in the name Jehovah-Rohi that we find the most tender, most intimate relationship between Jehovah and His people.
When a shepherd was out with his flocks he was completely responsible for their EVERYTHING - good pasture, still water (sheep are afraid of running noisy streams), care, discipline, and protection from wild animals and all type of danger.  
When David speaks of the LORD as his shepherd he is saying that he fully understands and calls upon the Lord to be his EVERYTHING.
When a shepherd is competent, he keeps constant watch and the sheep feel totally safe and do not worry, they can graze, and can rest and sleep without thought of being picked off. If they wander a bit too far from the flock, they can count on the shepherd's staff to bring them back in. Jesus said of himself:
I am the Good Shepherd, and I know [without any doubt those who are] My own and My own know Me [and have a deep, personal relationship with Me]
أَمَّا أَنَا فَإِنِّي الرَّاعِي الصَّالِحُ، وَأَعْرِفُ خِرَافِي، وَخِرَافِي تَعْرِفُنِي
John 10:14


As the Good Shepherd Jesus has made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His [own] life for the sheep.
أنا هُوَ الرّاعِي الصّالِحُ، وَالرّاعِي الصّالِحُ يُضَحِّي بِحَياتِهِ مِنْ أجلِ الخِرافِ
John 10:11

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your inseparable, unfailing, deep and everlasting love for me and Your abundant blessings in my life. Jehovah Rohi, I put my life in Your hands. Thank You Jesus for being The Good Shepherd and for laying down Your life for me. What an awesome privilege that my God longs for a personal relationship with me and is always offering to be my EVERYTHING. Help me LORD to develop this personal relationship with You and to follow Your direction, enjoy Your protection and rely upon Your provision Jehovah Jireh. Thank You Jesus that if I wonder from the flock You search for me and bring me back in. I pray that Your covenant will be fulfilled in my life El-Shaddai. I pray in the name of The King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings before all time and now and forever and ever and unto ages of all ages.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment