Friday 12 May 2017

May 12 Devotion - God is Omnipresent




Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol (the nether world, the place of the dead), behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 10 even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will take hold of me. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will cover me, and the night will be the only light around me,” 12 even the darkness is not dark to You and conceals nothing from You,
but the night shines as bright as the day; darkness and light are alike to You.
Psalm 139:7-12


أَيْنَ الْمَهْرَبُ مِنْ رُوحِكَ؟ أَيْنَ الْمَفَرُّ مِنْ حَضْرَتِكَ؟ إِنْ صَعِدْتُ إِلَى السَّمَاوَاتِ فَأَنْتَ هُنَاكَ، وَإِنْ جَعَلْتُ فِرَاشِي فِي عَالَمِ الأَمْوَاتِ فَهُنَاكَ أَنْتَ أَيْضاً. إِنِ اسْتَعَرْتُ أَجْنِحَةَ الْفَجْرِ وَطِرْتُ، وَسَكَنْتُ فِي أَقْصَى أَطْرَافِ الْبَحْرِ 10 فَهُنَاكَ أَيْضاً يَدُكَ تَهْدِينِي وَيُمْنَاكَ تُمْسِكُنِي. 11 إِنْ قُلْتُ فِي نَفْسِي: «رُبَّمَا الظُّلْمَةُ تَحْجُبُنِي وَالضَّوْءُ حَوْلِي يَصِيرُ لَيْلاً»، 12 فَحَتَّى الظُّلْمَةُ لَا تُخْفِي عَنْكَ شَيْئاً، وَاللَّيْلُ كَالنَّهَارِ يُضِيءُ، فَسِيَّانَ عِنْدَكَ الظَّلاَمُ وَالضَّوْءُ.


Yesterday I watched a movie called ‘The Circle’, it is based on the premise that if people are constantly watched and heard through technology and sophisticated cameras, people will stop doing wrong things, will stop saying wrong things. By being transparent even politicians will stop ‘politicking’ and do what is best for their countries. The concept of the movie is based on human reality that being watched does make people behave better, like slowing down when you see the police, or not having secret habits if people could see you.
It suddenly struck me that all of that is already available to God. He is everywhere, He is omnipresent (present everywhere all the time). He can see us, hear us, know our thoughts and hear us all the time. Yet we continue doing wrong things, having wrong thoughts and sinning against God. We put more emphasis on what people think than what God does.

King David expressed the omnipresence of God, and realized that he cannot hide from God. It is our human nature to be weak and do ‘wrong’ things but we have a source of strength, a source of purity, love, forgiveness and peace available to us because The Holy Spirit lives within us. All believers, followers of Jesus Christ, are children of God. We need to tap into that strength and relinquish the fire of The Holy Spirit that we may have quenched.

Do not quench the Spirit. 
 لا تُطفِئُوا عَمَلَ الرُّوحِ القُدُسِ فِيكُمْ.
1 Thessalonians 5:19


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord I know intellectually that You are omnipresent, let me feel Your presence, Lord. Search me thoroughly, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts; Psalm 139:23 Lord help me, let The Holy Spirit convict me of anything that is within me that is not pleasing to You. Help me Lord to focus on You, not on my circumstances. Increase my faith O’Lord and show me Your ways. Jesus help to become more and more Christ like on a daily basis. I pray in the Holy Name of Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings before all time, now, and forever and ever and unto ages of all ages.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment