Friday 23 June 2017

June 23 Devotion - We walk by faith



For we walk by faith, not by sight.
لاننا بالايمان نسلك لا بالعيان
2 Corinthians 5:7


God has given us the ability to solve many of the problems we face; His greater desire for us however, is to live our lives dependent on Him.

We try to walk by faith but sometimes fail. We need to stop trying and trust God fully and live with the knowledge that He is able to do what we cannot do for ourselves. 

For most of us before we get to trust God fully we must get to a point of helpless dependence. In a state of helpless dependence we realize that we simply cannot do it all and need God’s help, guidance and wisdom.
The basic foundation to our Christian faith is to trust God more than we trust ourselves. When we do this, we gain wisdom and hope for every area of life.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep, everlasting, and inseparable love for me and Your abundant blessings. Lord, help me to realize that my total dependence on You is not an indication of weakness on my part, but a sign of strength and confidence in You and Your promises. Help me God to be totally dependent on You. Lord, show me Your ways that I may be holy (consecrated and set apart for You) and walk with You in confidence and trust all the days of my life. In the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus The Christ, the only begotten Son of God, I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment