Tuesday 6 June 2017

June 6 Devotion - Why should we love God? - Part 1



We saw in yesterday’s devotion that God’s love for the followers of Christ is an inseparable love. We know that Jesus told us that we should love God.
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment
وتحب الرب الهك من كل قلبك ومن كل نفسك ومن كل فكرك ومن كل قدرتك هذه هي الوصية الاولى
Mark 12:30

I believe that when God gives us a commandment, it is not a matter of control; every commandment is for our own good. Jesus gave us a commandment to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. So why should we love God? Maybe this is a useless question for some, but a central question for others.
We should always do what Jesus tells us to without questioning. I find however that if I seek in the scriptures the reasons He commanded us to love God, I will find the answers. After all Jesus did say seek and you shall find. A good reason to love God is:

We love Him because He first loved us.
نحن نحبه لانه هو احبنا اولا.
I John 4.19


How much did He love us? He loved us so much, that He sent His Son to save us by dying in our place and give us everlasting life through our belief in Jesus as our Saviour and by making Him Lord of our lives.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
لانه هكذا احب الله العالم حتى بذل ابنه الوحيد لكي لا يهلك كل من يؤمن به بل تكون له الحياة الابدية.
John 3:16


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Lord, thank You for loving me; and for loving me first. Lord I want to love You back with an intense love. Lord if there is anything in my life that is keeping me from loving You the way You want me to love You and to be totally committed to You Lord, then please reveal it and please give me the strength to let go of it. Lord, I want my heart to be fervent toward You and my thoughts to be totally aligned with Your will for me. Father, please pour Your love into my heart through The Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the glory and the power and the dominion forever and ever.. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment