Friday 9 June 2017

June 9 Devotion - Why should we love God? - Part 4



In part 1,2 & 3 of this series of devotions we covered the first four reasons for loving God.

Reasons to love God:
1.  
We love Him because He first loved us.
نحن نحبه لانه هو احبنا اولا.
I John 4.19

2.  
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
لانه هكذا احب الله العالم حتى بذل ابنه الوحيد لكي لا يهلك كل من يؤمن به بل تكون له الحياة الابدية.
John 3:16

3.  
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
فَالإِلَهُ الأَبَدِيُّ هُوَ مَلْجَأُكُمْ، وَتَحْتَكُمْ تَنْبَسِطُ الأَذْرُعُ الأَبَدِيَّةُ،
Deuteronomy 33:27 ﺍﻟﺘﺜﻨﻴﺔ

4.
God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect
اللهُ حِصْنِيَ المَنِيْعُ.
يُساعِدُ الأنقياءَ ليسلُكوا الدرب الصحيح،
2Samuel 22:33 ﺻﻤﻮﺋﻴﻞ ﺍﻟﺜﺎﻧﻲ
5.
The LORD is compassionate, merciful, gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in love.
اللهُ حَنُونٌ وَرَحِيمٌ
حَلِيمٌ وَمَلِيءٌ بالمَحَبَّةِ.
ﺍﻟﻤﺰﺍﻣﻴﺮ  Psalm 103:8


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You God that You are compassionate towards me, You show mercy toward me  in the most tender and affectionate manner; You are slow to anger even though I am sometimes not obedient and You are always covering me with Your love. Through Your grace I am saved . Thank You Lord that You are my strength and You make me walk in the perfect path that You have designed for me. O’ my eternal and almighty God, in You my soul reposes. I put my total trust in You. Protect me and comfort me forever in any situation especially during my greatest distresses. Lord, thank You for loving me first and thank You for Your abundant blessings. Lord I want to love You back with an intense love. Lord if there is anything in my life that is keeping me from loving You the way You want me to love You and to be totally committed to You Lord, then please reveal it to me and erase it from my life. Father, please pour Your love into my heart through Your Holy Spirit. Father I rejoice in Your grace and faithfulness. I praise You, glorify You, and lift You up on high. God I pray to You in the name of Your precious Son; The King of kings and Lord of lords, my Redeemer, Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment