Thursday 21 December 2017

December 22 Devotion - Immanuel: God with us



jesus[1]Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Maryam was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. 20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Maryam your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.” 22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel which is translated, “God with us.” 24 Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, 25 and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.
Words in oblique type in the New Testament are quoted from the Old Testament. At that time Jesus spoke Aramaic. In Aramaic His mother’s name is Maryam.
Matthew 1:18-25
When the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and made God's plan clear, Joseph was obedient. He didn’t request to understand how all of this was going to unfold.
Many times I find myself in a situation where I don't know what to do. I should pray and ask guidance from the Lord. Although I don’t expect God to speak to me through an angel; like He did with Joseph; I believe that through prayer and meditation and being open to hear God’s guidance He will speak to me through His Holy Word and The Holy Spirit. My responsibility is to listen and obey. 


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself, your friends and family:
Abba Father, thank You for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Thank You Abba for loving us so much that You gave Your only begotten Son JESUS, to be our ‘Immanuel’. Heavenly Father, fill me with joy through the many lessons I have learned from the story of the birth of our Saviour. Help me to read your Word and listen as You give me the answers to life's difficult questions. In this festive season of celebrating the birth of our Saviour, give me a faith equal to that of Maryam and Joseph and direct me to trust You and follow Your will. Lord may Jesus be born into my heart and the hearts of all my friends and family and may everyone be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth because that is Your desire Lord.  1 Timothy 2:4 Lord, I praise You, I glorify You and I rejoice in Your grace. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jdsus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein


اما ولادة يسوع المسيح فكانت هكذا .لما كانت مريم امه مخطوبة ليوسف قبل ان يجتمعا وجدت حبلى من الروح القدس .
19 فيوسف رجلها اذ كان بارا ولم يشأ ان يشهرها اراد تخليتها سرّا .
20 ولكن فيما هو متفكر في هذه الامور اذا ملاك الرب قد ظهر له في حلم قائلا يا يوسف ابن داود لا تخف ان تأخذ مريم امرأتك . لان الذي حبل به فيها هو من الروح القدس .
21 فستلد ابنا وتدعو اسمه يسوع لانه يخلّص شعبه من خطاياهم .
22 وهذا كله كان لكي يتم ما قيل من الرب بالنبي القائل .
23 هوذا العذراء تحبل وتلد ابنا ويدعون اسمه عمانوئيل الذي تفسيره الله معنا
24 فلما استيقظ يوسف من النوم فعل كما امره ملاك الرب واخذ امرأته .
25 ولم يعرفها حتى ولدت ابنها البكر .ودعا اسمه يسوع

No comments:

Post a Comment