Thursday 7 December 2017

December 7 Devotion - Laugh and Rejoice




He who sits in the heavens shall laugh. He will yet fill your mouth with laughing, And your lips with rejoicing. Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart! 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
الساكن في السموات يضحك
عندما يملأ فاك ضحكا وشفتيك هتافا.
افرحوا بالرب وابتهجوا يا ايها الصدّيقون واهتفوا يا جميع المستقيمي القلوب
افرحوا في الرب كل حين واقول ايضا افرحوا


Psalm 2:4, Job 8:21, Psalm 32:11, Philippians 4:4

Since God created laughter and joy and He himself laughs, this should be something we should do a lot of. Since Christians who have accepted Jesus as their Saviour have the biggest reason to rejoice, we should all be smiling. Being pious does not mean we need to be so strict that we almost frown.

God has a reason to tell us that He will fill our mouths with laughter because He loves us and He created laughter to strengthen our immune system, boost our energy, diminish pain, and protect us from the damaging effects of stress.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You that You have a great sense of humour and thank You for creating laughter. Maximize my sense of humour and uplift my approach to life so that I enjoy life more. Fill my mouth with laughter Lord and my lips with rejoicing in Your love. Thank You Father for Your deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace in my life. Help me to start living eternity with you from now on. Give me a spirit that always shouts with joy and always rejoices. I proclaim to the world that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. In the name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment