Wednesday 27 December 2017

December 27 Devotion - Why was Jesus born?



Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
Luke 2:1-12
While we are still in the CHRISTmas (meaning Christ sent) spirit, it may be a good time to reflect on the reasons why Jesus Christ had to be born. Let us remember that there are Christians following the Julian calendar who celebrate Christmas in January. I read about 7 reasons why Jesus had to be born:

1. Jesus had to be born because of mankind's sin.
2. Jesus had to be born because God wanted to reveal His own character to humanity.
3. Jesus had to be born to remove the sins of humankind through a perfect sacrifice.
4. Jesus had to be born for mankind to have a Mediator to God.
5. Jesus had to be born to provide the promised Seed of Abraham.
6. Jesus had to be born for God to make His Spirit available to all humankind.
7. Jesus had to be born for God to redeem mankind.

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and inseparable love. Lord, thank You that You so loved me before I was even born and that You sent Your only begotten Son so that I could have everlasting life through my belief in Him. God thank You that even though You hate sin, You redeemed me, a sinner, through Jesus the perfect sacrifice. Thank You Jesus for being my mediator and for sending The Holy Spirit to comfort me. In the name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit I rejoice in Your birth Jesus. God let the birth of Jesus bring peace on earth and goodwill amongst us. Heavenly Lord, I praise You, I glorify You and I rejoice in Your grace. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein


وَكَانَ فِي تِلْكَ الْمِنْطَقَةِ رُعَاةٌ يَبِيتُونَ فِي الْعَرَاءِ، يَتَنَاوَبُونَ حِرَاسَةَ قَطِيعِهِمْ فِي اللَّيْلِ
 9 وَإِذَا مَلاَكٌ مِنْ عِنْدِ الرَّبِّ قَدْ ظَهَرَ لَهُمْ، وَمَجْدُ الرَّبِّ أَضَاءَ حَوْلَهُمْ، فَخَافُوا أَشَدَّ الْخَوْفِ.
 10 فَقَالَ لَهُمُ الْمَلاَكُ: «لاَ تَخَافُوا! فَهَا أَنَا أُبَشِّرُكُمْ بِفَرَحٍ عَظِيمٍ يَعُمُّ الشَّعْبَ كُلَّهُ:
 11 فَقَدْ وُلِدَ لَكُمُ الْيَوْمَ فِي مَدِينَةِ دَاوُدَ مُخَلِّصٌ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ الرَّبُّ.
 12 وَهَذِهِ هِيَ الْعَلاَمَةُ لَكُمْ. تَجِدُونَ طِفْلاً مَلْفُوفاً بِقِمَاطٍ وَنَائِماً فِي مِذْوَدٍ».


No comments:

Post a Comment