Tuesday 5 December 2017

December 5 Devotion - Your thoughts impact your destiny



Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

Romans 8:5-7


فَالَّذِينَ يَعِيشُونَ حَسَبَ طَبِيعَتِهِمُ الجَسَدِيَّةِ، تَتَرَكَّزُ أفكارُهُمْ عَلَى رَغَباتِ تِلكَ الطَّبِيعَةِ. أمّا الَّذِينَ يَحيَونَ حَسَبَ الرُّوحِ القُدُسِ، فَتَتَرَكَّزُ أفكارُهُمْ عَلَى ما يَرغَبُ الرُّوحُ فِيهِ. فَالتَّفكِيرُ الخاضِعُ لِلطَّبِيعَةِ الجَسَدِيَّةِ يُنتِجُ مَوتاً، أمّا التَّفكِيرُ الخاضِعُ لِلرُّوحِ فَيُنتِجُ حَياةً وَسَلاماً. فَالتَّفكِيرُ الخاضِعُ لِلطَّبِيعَةِ الجَسَدِيَّةِ مُعادٍ للهِ، لِأنَّهُ لا يَخضَعُ لِشَرِيعَةِ اللهِ، بَلْ وَلا يُمكِنُهُ أنْ يَخضَعَ!


When we choose to think about those things that inspire us, encourage us, teach us, and build us up emotionally, we find that we want to follow God’s will and we remain faithful to Him. When we choose to think about the majesty and glory of God, we rely upon Him with increasing faith and trust.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, help me Lord to think the way You want me to think, to constantly think positive and pleasant thoughts of people and circumstances. Help me to concentrate on Your love for me and feel Your joy in my heart. Help me to think thoughts of obedience and discipleship. Thank You Father for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name. In the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, to Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.  

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment