Thursday 23 August 2018

August 23 Devotion - God's Angels



The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him [who revere and worship Him with awe] and each of them He delivers.
Psalm 34:7 Amplified Bible (AMP)

For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
Psalm 91:11 (AMP)

Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His commandments, hearkening to the voice of His word.
Psalm 103:20-21 (Amplified Bible)

‘Beware that you do not despise or feel scornful toward or think little of one of these little ones, for I tell you that in heaven their angels always are in the presence of and look upon the face of My Father Who is in heaven.’

Matthew 18:10

God created the angels, and nowhere in the Bible does it state that angels are created in the image and likeness of God, as humans are. Genesis 1:26. The greatest thing we can learn from the holy angels is their instant, unquestioning obedience to God’s commands.

Here are some activities the Bible ascribes to angels:

They praise God (Psalm 148:1-2; Isaiah 6:3).
They worship God (Hebrews 1:6; Revelation 5:8-13).
They rejoice in what God does (Job 38:6-7).
They serve God (Psalm 103:20; Revelation 22:9).
They appear before God (Job 1:6; 2:1).
They are instruments of God's judgments (Revelation 7:1; 8:2).
They bring answers to prayer (Acts 12:5-10).
They aid in winning people to Christ (Acts 8:26; 10:3).
They observe Christian order, work, and suffering (1 Corinthians 4:9; 11:10; Ephesians 3:10; 1 Peter 1:12).
They encourage in times of danger (Acts 27:23-24).
For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 24 saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.’
They care for the righteous at the time of death (Luke 16:22).
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace in my life. Thank You Lord for Your angels and the role they play in serving, praising and worshipping You. Lord, I ask that Your angels guide me, protect me and help me bring people to Christ. God I praise You, glorify You and lift You up on high. In the mighty name of Jesus; my Lord and Saviour; The King of kings and Lord of lords, in The Holy Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment