Friday 31 August 2018

August 31 Devotion - You raise me up



He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy. Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Isaiah 40:29, Psalm 27:1, Psalm 33:18, Deuteronomy 31:6


When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

(Please listen to and watch the following video after you read today’s prayer)


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and inseparable love. LORD, I pray that You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit, so that I keep my focus on the person, power, and presence of Jesus Christ in my life instead of the circumstances of my life. I come to You Jesus as per Your call “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28-29 Thank You Jesus for raising me up and carrying me on Your shoulders through the stormy seas. In Your Holy name Jesus, I pray.  To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment