Monday 11 March 2019

March 11 Devotion - Death and life are in the power of the tongue




God’s word emphasizes that a home full of quietness and peace is much better than a house loaded with feasting but full of arguments and conflict. Peace between people requires establishing mutual trust. Trust is built through listening with the intent to understand (not judge) the other person and through carefully choosing our words and the tone in which they are spoken. Speaking off our mind without carefully filtering our words and the impact they can have on the other person will produce anger and will lead us to behave in a way that is not pleasing to God.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can be a careful, thoughtful listener who listens with empathy and understanding. Help me Lord to control what I say, how I say it, and to be mindful of not hurting the listener and also help me purify what I think.  Keep me away from ALL strife Lord and help me to be patient, forgiving and slow to anger. Thank You Father God for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. To Him who is able to keep me from stumbling and to present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy, to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen. Jude 1:24-25


Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein


No comments:

Post a Comment