Friday 29 March 2019

March 29 Devotion - Sharing our Faith


But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.

وَإِنَّمَا كَرِّسُوا الْمَسِيحَ رَبّاً فِي قُلُوبِكُمْ. وَكُونُوا دَائِماً مُسْتَعِدِّينَ لأَنْ تُقَدِّمُوا جَوَاباً مُقْنِعاً لِكُلِّ مَنْ يَسْأَلُكُمْ عَنْ سَبَبِ الرَّجَاءِ الَّذِي فِي دَاخِلِكُمْ

Mais sanctifiez dans vos coeurs Christ le Seigneur, étant toujours prêts à vous défendre, avec douceur et respect, devant quiconque vous demande raison de l'espérance qui est en vous,

1 Peter 3:15

We know that God wants all people to be ‘saved’ and to come to the knowledge of the truth. We have a responsibility according to Jesus’ Great Commission (go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you) to share our faith regarding God’s salvation plan through Jesus to everyone we can. So according to the advice given to us by the Apostle Peter whenever we share our faith with others we need to be prepared to give an explanation and we need to do it in a courteous and respectful manner. We need to realize that some people may reject the message and can be offended or feel threatened by it.


Some of us have members of our families that are not believers. We must never give up based on the rejection of the message but leave the work to The Holy Spirit and focus on the joy we will feel when we see anyone and especially those we love birthed into God’s family.

“there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.”
أقُولُ لَكُمْ، هَكَذا تَفرَحُ السَّماءُ بِخاطِئٍ واحِدٍ يَتُوبُ أكثَرَ مِمّا تَفرَحُ بِتِسعَةٍ وَتِسعِينَ بارّاً لا يَحتاجُونَ إلَى التَّوبَةِ.

 Luke 15:7


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, I pray that You strengthen me so that I can share my faith with those who do not believe in Jesus as their Saviour. Help me to be prepared to answer their questions through the guidance of The Holy Spirit. Teach me Lord to be courteous and respectful in my answers, not letting my emotions be in play but to let The Holy Spirit think for me and speak through me. Abba Father, thank You that You love me and that Your love is unfailing, steadfast, deep, and everlasting. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. God I pray to You in the name of Your precious Son; my Redeemer, Lord and Saviour; Jesus Christ. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment