Tuesday 19 March 2019

March 19 Devotion - Sing to The LORD a new song


Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
رَنِّمُوا للهِ تَرنِيمَةً جَدِيدَةً.
غَنُّوا للهِ يا كُلَّ أهلِ الأرْضِ.
غَنُّوا للهِ، بارِكُوا اسْمَهُ.
حَدِّثُوا بِخَلاصِهِ يَوماً بَعدَ يَومٍ.
أخبِرُوا بِمَجدِهِ بَينَ الشُّعُوبِ.
أخبِرُوا كُلَّ النّاسِ بِعَجائِبِهِ.
4 عَظِيمٌ وَمُستَحِقٌّ لِلتَّسبِيحِ
اللهَ لأنَّ
                                                                                                                    Psalm 96:1-4

It was a custom that poets/psalmists wrote a new song whenever God had a new large blessing for the people. We see in this song/hymn that we are called to praise and bless (affectionately praise) God and give Him glory. Three times we are here called to sing unto the Lord; sing to the Father, to the Son, to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning. This new song is a new New-Testament song, a song of praise for the new covenant and the precious privileges of that covenant.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
 Abba Father, I sing a new song, a song of Your New Covenant, a song of my salvation through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Lord whenever I feel low or focus on anything other than Jesus help me to refocus on Christ by singing this new song, to sing to You LORD, to proclaim Your glory and Your wonderful news of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and my redemption, forgiveness, justification, reconciliation, sanctification and glorification. Never let me forget that I am a loved and adored child of God. I declare Your glory Lord among the nations, and Your marvelous deeds among all peoples for You are great and worthy of all praise. In Holy Name of Jesus my Lord and Saviour, I pray. To Jesus be the glory, the power, the dominion, the majesty and the blessings forever and ever and unto ages of ages.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment