Sunday 18 March 2012

March 19 Devotion - Be Ready to Receive



Be Ready to Receive

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
إِنَّمَا خَيْرٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ يَتْبَعَانِنِي طَوَالَ حَيَاتِي،

Psalm 23:6
God has many blessings prepared for us. He has favour in our future like we have never imagined.
He wants to take us places that we've never even dreamed of. But in order for us to partake of all these blessings, we have to be ready to receive.


Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.
وَسِّعِي فَسْحَةَ خَيْمَتِكِ وَابْسُطِي سَتَائِرَ مَسَاكِنِكِ، لاَ تُضَيِّقِي. أَطِيلِي حِبَالَ خَيْمَتِكِ وَرَسِّخِي أَوْتَادَكِ،
Isaiah 54:2
Think about this: if you have a ten litre container and someone has a hundred litres to give you, the problem is not with the supply. The problem is that you don't have the capacity to receive the hundred litres. But, if you get rid of that small container and get something larger, then you will be able to receive more. It's the same way with God.
If we think we've reached our limits, the problem isn't that God doesn't have the resources or the ability. The problem is that our container is too small. We have to enlarge our vision and make room for the new things God has for us.
Our attitude should be, "Yes, I am going through a tough time, but I know God is still on the throne. I know wherever I go His goodness and mercy follow me.” When we have that kind of attitude, we are increasing our capacity to receive so that we can live the abundant life Jesus has in store for each one of us.
‘I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
أَمَّا أَنَا فَقَدْ أَتَيْتُ لِتَكُونَ لَهُمْ حَيَاةٌ، بَلْ مِلْءُ الْحَيَاةِ!
John10:10
I invite you to repeat the following Prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Jesus, I want to experience the abundant life You came to give me. Please enlarge my vision of myself and my future, make me ready to receive all the blessings You want and are ready to give me. God, give me that mountain of faith which ensures in my core that goodness and mercy will fill the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


In Him,
Wagdi Henein



No comments:

Post a Comment