Wednesday 21 March 2012

March 22 Devotion - God's thoughts toward us


How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
         How great is the sum of them!
 
18
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
         When I awake, I am still with You.

         

مَا أَثْمَنَ أَفْكَارَكَ يَااللهُ عِنْدِي! مَا أَعْظَمَ جُمْلَتَهَا!
 إِنْ أَحْصَيْتُهَا زَادَتْ عَلَى الرَّمْلِ عَدَداً. عِنْدَمَا أَسْتَيْقِظُ أَجِدُنِي مَازِلْتُ مَعَكَ.

Psalm 139:17-18 

God cares about us and is constantly thinking of new ways to help us. Our security should lie in Him.

However if my sense of security lies in my reputation or in the things I have, my life will be in a constant state of threat and jeopardy that these possessions may be lost or stolen or devalued.  If I’m in the presence of someone of greater net worth or fame or status, I feel inferior. If I’m in the presence of someone of lesser net worth or fame or status, I feel superior.  My sense of self-worth constantly fluctuates. I don’t have any sense of constancy or anchorage or persistent selfhood.

My trust and self worth should come from Jesus. He has redeemed me and by Grace accepted to die for me, so that I may be forgiven. I only have to accept His gift and to know that my self worth is based on being a child of God. I am the son of the King of kings.  


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, I thank you for Your abundant blessings. Thank You for thinking of me today and every day. Thank You for loving me and for doing and planning great things in my life. Help to connect and understand Your thoughts for my life. I receive Your love which drives out all fear. Make me new as I meditate on You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Jesus Loves you

In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment