Tuesday 16 October 2012

October 16 Devotion - God's Love


God loves us in many ways. In depth and breadth and width that is beyond our understanding. I will be searching to understand what I can of the many dimensions of His love in the following several devotions.

The question: "Why does God love us?" is a profound question and I am not able to answer it sufficiently. One thing I believe is certain, however: God does not love us because we are lovable or because we deserve His love.

God is love.

1 John 4:8

God doesn’t just love; He is love. His nature and essence are love. Love permeates His very being and infuses all His other attributes. God’s love is not a sentimental, romantic feeling; rather, it is Agape love, the love of self-sacrifice.

                                                                                                                                                              For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 3:16-17

لانه هكذا احب الله العالم حتى بذل ابنه الوحيد لكي لا يهلك كل من يؤمن به بل تكون له الحياة الابدية.

 لانه لم يرسل الله ابنه الى العالم ليدين العالم بل ليخلّص به العالم.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord You are Good and I praise You and glorify You. LORD, I pray that out of Your  glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. I also pray that I become rooted and established in love, and  have the power, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

والقادر ان يفعل فوق كل شيء اكثر جدا مما نطلب او نفتكر بحسب القوة التي تعمل فينا

له المجد في الكنيسة في المسيح يسوع الى جميع اجيال دهر الدهور.آمين .

No comments:

Post a Comment